Larson’s Tattooing has been working hand-in-hand with state, local and health professionals during our mandated closure. The safety of our clients, staff and community remains our utmost priority. Thankfully, top-notch sterilization procedures have been a cornerstone of our industry. Still there will be some changes in our operations as a result of the pandemic, which will be implemented immediately once we are allowed to reopen.
1. Limited outside items and guests – Clients will only be allowed to bring sealed, commercially prepared food or beverages into the shop; no food or beverage items can be brought into the tattoo booths. We also will be seeing clients only by appointment, and no guests or family will be allowed to accompany clients. That means no tattooing on minors during this time. There will be NO WALK-INS OR UNSCHEDULED CONSULTATIONS.
2. Contact protection – Our team will be required to wear masks, gloves and eye protection throughout your tattoo sitting. In addition, clients will be given a disposable mask to wear throughout the sitting for your and our protection. To avoid face-to-face contact, we will not be offering face or neck tattoos during this time.
3. Physical distancing and contact limiting – Outside of your sitting, our staff and clients will maintain physical distancing. We’ve moved to paperless consent forms, aren’t offering in-store retail sales, have heightened cleaning and sanitizing procedures for our doors, lobby, front desk and bathroom. We also prefer for you to pay with debit or credit card if possible.
4. Health and contact screening – We will be taking temperatures of staff daily and clients prior to your appointment. If you have been ill or around someone who has been ill, we will ask you to reschedule your appointment with no loss of your sitting deposit.
5. Appointments – Please know your sitting might take longer than anticipated as we adjust to these new procedures. We also have a large backlog of rescheduled appointments from our closure to accommodate. We look forward to getting back to tattooing and appreciate your patience as we do.
These measures are in addition to the strict, biohazard sterilization and disposal processes we already have in place, which include 100% disposable tattoo equipment and hospital-grade cold sterilization of tattoo booths. Your safety is our priority.